Brethren in Christ
Brethren in Christ Historical Society
The official membership organization for individuals interested in Brethren in Christ history. From its beginning, the Society has emphasized an understanding of the past as a guide to the present and the future. Members receive the various publications of the Society and may participate in a variety of programs.
Brethren in Christ Church
Official web site for the denomination.
Web site charting the history of Ulrich Engel (b.1711) and Anna Brächbühl Engel (b.1715) descendants. Ulrich and Anna's son, Jacob (Yokeli), was one of the founding members of the Brethren in Christ denomination.
Historic Ringgold Meeting House
After 100 years of worship, Brethren in Christ members began to build what they called "meeting houses," emphasizing that God's presence was in the meeting of his people, rather than in the building itself. Built in 1871, the Meeting House in Ringgold, Maryland was one of the first such buildings to be constructed. The original interior arrangement of early worship services was restored in the 1970s, using original furniture.
The Sider Institute for Anabaptist, Pietist, and Wesleyan Studies
The Sider Institute, named for E. Morris and D. Leone Sider, facilitates the exploration and interpretation of Anabaptism, Pietism and Wesleyanism, the three theological traditions that have shaped the "personality" of Brethren in Christ thought and practice.
Brethren in Christ
Church of the Brethren
Web site for the Brethren Historical Library and Archives in Elgin, Illinois.
Mennonite Church USA
Web site for the Historical Committee of the Mennonite Church USA, which includes links to the Mennonite Archives in Goshen, Indiana, and North Newton, Kansas.
Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society
Web site for the historical agency of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. A great resource for Pennsylvania Mennonite genealogy and history.
United Brethren in Christ
Web site for the United Brethren Historical Center at Huntington University, Indiana.
The Young Center for Anabaptist and Pietist Studies
Established on the campus of Elizabethtown College, Pennsylvania, to foster and promote the scholarly study of Anabaptist and Pietist groups.