What makes Messiah’s music program unique?
- Our academic excellence: Messiah University is a nationally ranked University and provides all conducting students quality academic offerings in a state-of the-art facility. The High Center for Worship and Performing Arts provides each graduate student the opportunity to refine their skills in a performance hall that has no equal. The facility boasts one of the most highly technologically advanced learning environments on the east coast. (Watch the video tour.)
- Our reputation: Messiah University has the largest NASM-accredited Master of Music in conducting program in the United States and the only accredited online Master of Music in conducting program in Pennsylvania.
- Our practical approach: Messiah University offers a degree that provides applicable knowledge in each course offered. As you progress through your coursework, you’ll acquire knowledge that can be taken and used immediately in your own classroom, allowing you to become a better teacher and musician. Our focus when establishing this program was to assist in the professional development of the conductor/educator/musician.
- Our faculty: Messiah’s music faculty are an engaged group of educators who are very experienced in public and private school education. Many of our faculty throughout their careers spent time teaching in the public/private schools. In addition, our faculty are currently active in schools providing services such as guest conducting, clinics and adjudication. As a graduate student, you will be studying podium and classroom effectiveness from educators who work in public schools every week.
- Our flexibility: Messiah University is a leader in the use of technology and its effectiveness in teaching conducting. Due to advancements in technology, Messiah has been able to erase geographical boundaries that, until recently, prohibited teachers from studying conducting and music education online. We are now able to offer degrees that allow students to continue to teach while earning an advanced degree. That opens the door to many who, until recently, did not have the abilities of leaving jobs to go back to school full time.
The Graduate Program in Music is now accepting applications for spring and summer 2023.Apply today
M.M. in conducting student
Messiah has given me a chance to work on an advanced degree without the need for a sabbatical. This has provided me with a chance to immediately apply what I have gained from my course into my classroom and rehearsals.Learn how earning an M.M. is impacting Jared's career.