SUMMER HOUSING OPTIONS & RATES for Summer Intensives 2023
Apartment Single Occupancy = $55/night
Dorm Room Single Occupancy = $42/night
Please note: Only registered students may stay in campus housing.
RESERVATIONS for on-campus dormitories can be made by clicking below. All rooms will be reserved on a first come, first serve, basis. Housing fees will be charged to your student account.
SUMMER HOUSING APPLICATION DEADLINES
Graduate summer housing applications may be completed at any time but we request that they be submitted no later than three weeks before the first day of class. Those specific dates are as follows:
|First Day of Class||Preferred Deadline|
|May 15||April 24|
|June 19||May 29|
|June 25||June 5|
|July 9||June 19|
|July 17||June 26|
|July 24||July 3|
Graduate summer intensive students are housed in the University’s undergraduate residence halls.
- All residence buildings are air conditioned and have a laundry room in the basement. Laundry supplies are available in the campus store.
- All apartments have individual kitchens (refrigerator and stove) and bathrooms, simply furnished living rooms. Dishes, pots, pans, and utensils are not provided.
- All traditional residences have lounges with kitchenettes on each floor. Laundry facilities are located within the building or residence complex.
- Microwaves and coffee makers are not supplied.
- Students should bring their own towel and toiletries.
- Students should bring their own linens (mattresses on campus are Extra Long Twin size). However, if needed, a disposable linen package is available to be added when you complete the housing registration form. The linen pack costs $15 and includes:
- A disposable sheet set (fitted sheet, top sheet, and pillowcase)
- Use of university issued pillow and blanket
- The disposable linen package must be requested on your housing registration form. If you choose to add it later, you must contact ConferenceEventServices@messiah.edu or call (717) 691-6009 by the Friday prior to your arrival.
- All housing reservations will be for five nights (Sunday afternoon through Friday at 9:00 am) with the exception of MUSI 513, NURS 601 and NURS 602.
- We know students may be traveling a long distance to attend on campus courses. Arriving a day early or staying an additional night may be possible but is dependent on availability.
- Graduate Music students: If you have two weeks of back to back summer intensives, you can remain in your on campus housing for the weekend between.
To add nights to your stay, contact Conference Services at ConferenceEventServices@messiah.edu or (717) 691-6009.
CHECK-IN is between 3:00pm – 9:00pm the day before your first class at the Guest Relations desk located in the main lobby of the Eisenhower Campus Center. A representative from the School of Graduate & Professional Studies will be present from Sundays 3:00pm – 6:00pm to help answer any additional questions about the week. If you plan on arriving after 9:00 pm, please contact Randy Heintzelman in Conference Services (717-691-6009) by 3pm the Friday before your class starts so that he can make arrangements for you to get your key from the Dispatch Office in Eisenhower Campus Center.
CHECK OUT is 9:00am the last day of class at the Guest Relations* desk. If you need to store your belongings during the last day of class, reach out to your department’s administrative assistant.
- Quiet hours: 10 pm – 8 am
- Messiah University is a smoke-free environment; smoking is not permitted on campus. If you must smoke, we ask that you do so in your car off campus.
- The use or possession of drugs, other than for medical reasons, is strictly prohibited.
- The use or possession of alcoholic beverages is not permitted on campus.
- No pets are permitted on campus.
- All personal belongings and trash must be removed upon departure and room left in clean and acceptable condition.
- The cost of any loss or damage to facilities and equipment will be billed to your student account.
- Graduate student housing is limited to current graduate students.
- Access Cards and Room keys should be returned to the Guest Relations desk upon check out. You will be charged a $5.00 replacement fee for access cards not returned and a $75.00 replacement fee for keys not returned. A room key may not be duplicated.
- Refund policy: a full refund is available if you check-out within the first 24 hours. Otherwise, the full charges will remain.
The Department of Safety has uniformed officers on duty 24 hours a day, patrolling the campus buildings, grounds, and parking lots. In addition, Dispatchers are available 24 hours a day by calling extension 6005 or 691-6005, or by visiting them on the main level of the Eisenhower Campus Center. If you need to contact a Safety Officer, please contact the dispatcher at extension 6005, and they will assist you in contacting an officer.
Click below to complete the graduate student housing reservation form for the summer of 2023.