Falcon Fitness Center
The Falcon Fitness Center is home to all your fitness needs. The fitness center is an impressive 14,374 square feet and is filled with state of the art cardiovascular, strength, and group exercise equipment. The Falcon Fitness Center’s mission is to make fitness opportunities accessible to all individuals on campus, regardless of one’s fitness level and background. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram to stay up to date on all things fitness at Messiah. Stay active!
Staying consistent with the campus wide no-guest policy, the Falcon Fitness Center will be open to Messiah University Students (undergraduate and graduate) and Messiah University Employees. You must bring your Messiah ID with you each time you access the fitness center. Passing an ID card or using an ID card other than your own may result in an up to two week suspension of fitness center access. To activate your card, follow this link to our waiver. For a detailed video on how to access the fitness center, follow this link .
All members must confirm they have filled out the COVID-19 Falcon Health form within the last 24 hours and remain symptom free. If you are not feeling well, please do not enter; follow appropriate campus wide policies and procedures.
All members have full access to the cardio side of the gym at all hours of operation. This includes the left side of the gym: cardio equipment, small weight area near the group exercise room, and weight machines on the light grey flooring to the left of the gym floor desk. Reservations are not needed for this area as equipment is spaced out in a way to guarantee 50% occupancy.
Reservations will be required starting January 19th for the Weight Room side of the gym (known as Weight Room 2). This includes all equipment on the dark grey/black flooring, including machines, platforms, and free weight area on the right side of the gym. There will be a select number of spots per day to coincide with Pennsylvania State COVID-19 guidelines. Reserve a spot through the website or mobil app ImLeagues.
Reservations will open 2 days prior to the time of the reservation. If you do not have a reservation for the Weight Room you are NOT allowed into the weight room. Any student or employee who is found on the Weight Room side of the gym without a reservation will be suspended access to the entire Fitness Center for 1 week. Continued violations will result in a 2 week suspension and a semester suspension, respectively.
You are allowed to reserve two hours per day in the Weight Room.
At Messiah University we have been blessed with an amazing fitness center. As a community, it is now our responsibility to keep this center, and equipment, in state of the art condition. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the rules and policies of the Falcon Fitness Center. Exercising here is a privilege, not a right; failing to follow any of these rules may result in losing that privilege and further discipline by the University.
Fitness Center Rules
- All members must sanitize their hands prior to entering the fitness center.
- All members must check in at the front desk and confirm they have filled out the COVID-19 Falcon Health form within the last 24 hours and remain symptom free. If you are not feeling well, please do not enter; follow appropriate campus wide policies and procedures.
- A reservation is required to use "weight room two" or the "right side" of the fitness center. Learn more about reservations by clicking the "reservations" tab
- Masks must be worn at all times. This includes while exercising. Messiah University and the Fitness Center are committed to following federal and local guidelines in an attempt to stop the spread of COVID-19. On July 1st, the Commonwealth of PA announced a universal mask requirement and on July 15th there was a follow up to this announcement, where fitness centers were specifically mentioned.
- Equipment must be sanitized before and after use. In some areas paper towels and spray bottles have replaced pre-wet wipes. Please make sure the paper towel is fully "soaked" before using it to sanitize any and all equipment, before and after use.
- Where present, please follow one way traffic signs on the floor.
- Machines have been spread out and closed when necessary to assure a distance of 6 feet. Please do not move any equipment or attempt to use a closed machine.
- In certain areas "maintain social distance" dots have been placed throughout the floor. When areas are crowded, please stand on or near these dots to assure social distance in the weight rooms. A helpful video can be found here.
- Fitness Center Employees will be reminding all members of these new and important policies and procedures. Our team is committed to doing this with grace and patience. Please respond with the same.
- If there is an instance of repeated rule breaking, or any disrespect for an employee, a minimum two week suspension of fitness center access will be put into place for individuals.
Here are some other helpful videos to show you what being in the fitness center will look like:
Thank you for your commitment to keeping our campus safe, healthy, and open!
Fitness Center Dress Code
- All dress code policies outlined in the Messiah University Student Handbook must be followed while in the fitness center.
- Shirts and athletic shoes are required at all times.
- Sandals or open toe shoes are not permitted.
- Jeans, Jean shorts, belts or any other clothing with metal objects are not permitted.
- On poor weather days bring a separate pair of shoes.
At this time both alumni and retired employee memberships are not available for purchase. Please contact Kevin Ogden, Director of Campus Wellness and Recreation, with any questions.
Currently, the outdoor basketball courts are not being reserved by any classes.
The basketball courts behind Naugle can be used on a first come, first served basis if these policies and procedures are followed:
1) No pick up, or competitive, games of any size are allowed
2) Social distance practices need to be followed at all times during activities/events. If social distance can not be maintained the activity is not allowed
3) There is a limit of two people per half court while "shooting around"
If you would like to reserve the outdoor basketball courts, please contact Alexa at firstname.lastname@example.org