Library materials may be renewed once. The renewal period is the same length of time as the original circulation period. (e.g., if books circulate for 3 weeks, they may be renewed for 3 additional weeks).
Renewals can always be made by calling the circulation department (x3860) or by stopping by the circulation desk. You may renew items online through the Murray Library catalog, provided the renewal request is initiated before the item's due date. To renew online, users must sign into their library account.
Accessing your library account:
- From within Primo, click on Sign In located in the top right corner.
- For Messiah students and employees, the login is your typical username and password.
- For Community and Friends: Key in the last eight digits of your library barcode which is located on your library card. For example, 00123456. The password will need to be provided by the Circulation Desk for those logging in for the first time. Call (717) 691-6006, ext. 3860.
Renewing Library Materials:
- After logging in, your name will appear in the top right corner. Click the drop down button to click My Loans
- Check the box next to each item you want to renew.
NOTE: If your materials are overdue, your account is automatically blocked. You will need to go to the Library in person in order to have your account unblocked.
- Click on "Renew Selected" button.
- New due dates will appear for those items that have been renewed.
NOTE: Items may only be renewed once.