The undergraduate Registrar's Office will be open for walk-in service Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-1 p.m with limited staff. Please note that email will be the preferred method of communication in an effort to comply with social distancing guidelines. Our services have been modified to an electronic format via dynamic forms found on our Forms for Current Students webpage. If a face-to-face meeting is required outside of these hours, an appointment or Zoom meeting may be scheduled. Please view the Contact our Team page to confirm staff member responsibilities and contact information. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Approval for QuEST (General Education) or Elective Credit
Obtain your advisor’s signature, then submit this form and course descriptions from the transfer school catalog to the Registrar’s Office. The Registrar will indicate if the courses are approved. Copies will be sent to you and your advisor; the original will be retained in your student file.
If you are planning to transfer to another institution for an entire semester, you must withdraw from Messiah University (the exception to this is in the case of an approved exchange or off-campus program). Your status as a Messiah University student will be interrupted, so it will be necessary to apply for readmission in order to resume your studies as a Messiah University student. You should contact the Financial Aid Office to determine the impact this may have on your financial aid package.
It is not necessary to withdraw from Messiah in order to take summer courses at another institution if you plan to return for the fall semester.
Your signature verifies that you have read and understand the instructions.
If the college you are planning to attend requires written approval from Messiah University, please send a copy of this form after all signatures have been obtained.
Request an official transcript of the completed work be send directly to Messiah University Registrar’s Office:
One University Avenue, Suite 3007
Mechanicsburg PA, 17055.
Transfer Credit Academic Policy
This policy applies to all courses presented for transfer to Messiah University (except those off-campus programs administered by Intercultural Office).
Credit for academic work completed at another institution may be awarded based upon the following criteria:
1. The student must arrange for the transfer institution to send an official transcript to the Messiah University Office of the Registrar.
2. Transfer institutions within the United States must be regionally accredited. International transcripts require a third-party evaluation from an organization such as World Education Services (WES), National Association of Credential Evaluations Services (NACES), or Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE).
3. Only those courses in which a grade of “C” (2.0) or better has been earned are eligible for transfer.
4. Transfer credits are not computed into the student’s GPA. The policy on repeating courses in order to improve the student’s grade point average does not apply to transfer credit.
5. The number of transfer credits earned and the name of the institution will be indicated on the Messiah University transcript. Individual course titles and grades will not be listed.