Mission, Goals, and Distinctives
An integral contributor to Messiah University and the larger academic community, The Ernest L. Boyer Center advances educational renewal for the common good.
In order to be a good steward of the Boyer legacy, the Center aims:
- To nurture and support scholars and educational leaders who understand and apply Boyeresque insights into address contemporary educational issues in meaningful ways.
- To promote education that makes genuine and concrete commitments to the common good.
- To tangibly support Messiah University in its ongoing efforts toward educational excellence.
Our mission and goals intersect around several key dimensions:
- Social Concern: Recognizing that education much enrich our local, national, and global commons, the Center calls for authentic engagement with a variety of critical educational issues facing our world.
- Renewal: The Center nurtures the educational imagination by considering current concerns in a manner that both promotes nuanced reflection and also realizes generative solutions.
- Connectedness: The Center’s efforts address a broad range of educational sectors, emphasizing how colleges and universities intersect with and influence educational excellence across the spectrum.