Early Assurance Program: Master of Occupational Therapy
Are you planning a career as an occupational therapist?
Occupational therapy is a rewarding career and consistently ranked among the best and fastest-growing jobs by U.S. News & World Report and other sources. As the field grows, occupational therapists are in high demand. To be eligible to sit for the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) examination, you must graduate from an ACOTE-accredited occupational therapy program such as Messiah’s Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT) program.
If you’re committed to becoming an occupational therapist, Messiah's Master of Occupational Therapy Early Assurance Program: Junior option (MOT EAP) will streamline your education. Up to 10 Messiah juniors may be accepted for early assurance for any given MOT cohort.
Benefits of early assurance
As a student accepted into the MOT EAP program, you'll have the benefit of working closely with a specialized Messiah faculty advisor while you’re earning your bachelor’s degree to prepare for seamless entry into Messiah’s accredited MOT program. The program is designed to prepare you as compassionate, in-demand occupational therapist with clinical excellence and to be a leader in your field. Our full time, 80-credit, residential MOT program features a state-of-the-art educational facility just minutes from Messiah’s main campus.
- The Messiah University entry-level occupational therapy master’s degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at 6116 Executive Boulevard, Suite 200, North Bethesda, MD 20852-4929. Phone: 301-652-AOTA (301-652-2682). www.acoteonline.org
- Program completion in 26 months
- A curricular focus on community service and leadership development.
- A program that incorporates cultural relevancy and global engagement.
- The academic distinction of a nationally ranked, accredited private Christian university. Messiah University is the first institution within the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities in the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic Region to offer a graduate program in OT.
- The opportunity to study at Winding Hill, a 37,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art educational facility.
- OT faculty who are Christian educators, OT professionals and experienced educators who will take time to mentor you in your education, faith and career.
- Networking and partnership opportunities with the local OT community.