Honors in Rome
The Honors Program invites Messiah honors students to participate in this four-week study abroad opportunity.
OPPORTUNITY of a lifetime
- 20 students in the Messiah University Honors program.
- Jim LaGrand, Director of the Honors Program, and his wife, Betsy. They have travelled abroad both individually and with their family.
- Katie Rousopoulos, Director of the Agape Center for Local & Global Engagement, who has led many study-abroad trips.
- You will fly to Rome Airport Fiumicino on May 29 and back to the U.S. on July 1. You are welcome to coordinate your flight with the LaGrands and Katie Rousopoulos. Or you can fly on your own if this is more economical or convenient. Regardless, ISA Veritas will meet you on May 29 at Rome Airport Fiumicino and take you to your apartment.
Seven credits in four weeks!
Honors Worldviews course “What has Athens to do with Jerusalem?” taught by Dr. LaGrand (3 credits). Note: For students in STEM fields who have a required STW course, this will mean you will complete your gen ed ID requirements with this course.
Gen Ed Course taken at American University of Rome (3 credits). Click here to see AUR courses available, and their Messiah equivalencies.
ELI International missions/service-learning practicum working with missionaries in Rome who serve refugees (1 credit).
- The 7 credits you will receive from this program offer flexibility to do things like graduate early or free up space for another major, minor, or additional internships.
- You will complete your ELI requirement through off-campus programs.
- 2 major weekend excursions via coach and train with lodging included to Florence and the Chianti region and to Sorrento, Capri, and Pompeii.
- Trip of a lifetime!
- All classes meet Monday through Thursday. Friday through Sunday is for sightseeing and travel.
- In Rome within a couple miles of the university, you can find the Colosseum, the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Square, Trevi Fountain, the Vatican Museum, and more.
- ISA Veritas will lead 2 major weekend excursions via coach and train with lodging included to Florence and the Chianti region and to Sorrento, Capri, and Pompeii.
- $7,410 plus food and airfare. $4,000 will need to be paid by April 10.