- University of Richmond Writer’s Web: The writing process with many helpful documents.
- Dictionary.com: Generic dictionary and thesaurus.
- Merriam-Webster Online: Dictionary and thesaurus, also kids’ stuff and selective free encyclopedia.
- “What style does my professor prefer?"
- APA Research Style Crib Sheet: Wooster College.
- Online!: Great links to finding reliable internet sources for a wide variety of disciplines; good explanation of citing internet sources for multiple writing styles.
- Citation Machine: Source citation formatter (watch out for double periods after author initials).
- Research and Documentation Online: APA, MLA, Chicago, CBE guides.
- Wikipedia: Free user-created encyclopedia.
- Bartleby: Free books online!
- Murray Library: Our lovely Murray Library (check out their reference resources).
- ESL Resources for Students: Links to resource topics including vocabulary, idioms, grammar and spelling.
- Phrasal Verbs (and more phrasal verbs)