- University of Richmond Writer’s Web: The writing process, with many helpful documents.
- Purdue Owl: Everything from grammar help to style guides to citation resources.
- Writing Rescue Guide: An in-depth guide with links to other resources, including specific tools for college writing and links to successful college entry essays.
- 7 Ways to Overcome Writer's Block: Tips from Purdue University Global on how to write when you feel stuck.
- Common Questions: Videos from a former Writing Center Head Tutor answering commonly asked questions in regards to writing, such how to write a thesis or incorporate sources
- Oxford English Dictionary: In-depth dictionary with evolution of words and their meanings.
- Merriam-Webster Online: Dictionary and thesaurus; also fun quizzes and a selective free encyclopedia.
- “What style does my professor prefer?": Specific to Messiah College professors and academic departments.
- Citation Machine: Source citation formatter (watch out for double periods after author initials). Make sure to check the citations before using them!
- Purdue Online Writing Lab: APA, MLA, Chicago, CBE guides.
- APA Style: APA's Style Guide
- Murray Library: Our lovely Murray Library (check out their journals).
- ESL Resources for Students: Links to resource topics including vocabulary, idioms, grammar and spelling.
- EnglishClub: Resources and games for understanding common grammar rules.
- Online copy of A Writer's Reference in Canvas: Detailed explanations of grammar rules.
- APA Style Grammar: Grammar for APA style
- Online copy of A Writer's Reference in Canvas: Detailed explanations and examples of in-text citations and reference/works cited pages for MLA, APA, and Chicago styles.
- The Essay Wheel (pdf) displays all essential elements of an academic essay. Check your writing against the wheel to make sure you're on the right track!
- Murray Library Research Help Desk: Visit the reference librarians, who can help answer specific questions about citations and research.
- In-Depth Guide to Writing Dissertations: Precision Consulting's guide to approaching dissertations, from planning to presentation.
- Career and Professional Development Center: Help writing professional documents, such as resumes and cover letters.