In order to ensure an enjoyable experience for all graduates' families and guests, the University asks your kind cooperation with the following:
- Please do not bring lawn chairs or coolers to the Commencement field. (These items are difficult to transport on the shuttles and the University provides plenty of seating and complimentary water stations for guests.)
- Please do not bring pets/animals to campus on the day of Commencement (with the exception of service animals for our guests with a disability).
- Please keep the main aisles clear of strollers, camera tripods, and other personal belongings at all times - this is particularly important for the safety of the graduates and faculty during the processional and recessional.
- Guests are asked to silence cell phones and pagers during the Commencement ceremony.
- Please refrain from using umbrellas, shoulder-mounted cameras, or other possible visual obstructions in areas where they may block the view of other guests during the ceremony.
- Please be courteous of the noise level while graduates' names are being read during the presentation of diplomas.
Commencement is a long-awaited time of celebration, and the details above will help to assure a special and memorable day for everyone. For special needs or questions that you may have regarding Commencement weekend, please contact the University's Office of Conference and Event Services at (717) 691-6009. We look forward to seeing you and your family at Commencement!