Get career ready!
ITC provides the opportunity to interact with alumni, parents, and friends of Messiah through panel presentations, company site visits, tours, and a networking reception! Check out memories from past Into the City trips and see our brochure for a visual program overview!
FOR THE SPRING 2021 SEMESTER, INTO THE CITY IS HEADING ABROAD (virtually)!
The Career & Professional Development Center is pleased to announce its virtual Into the City International trip! During the second week of March we will be featuring online career chats with numerous alumni who live and work overseas.
Please check back soon for a schedule of events.
ITC VIRTUAL INTERNATIONAL - PROGRAM BENEFITS:
- Gain an inside perspective on many key international organizations
- Network with notable Messiah alumni
- Understand what it is like to live and work abroad
- Learn more about various job and internship options available overseas
Overview of the Program (for typical semesters when we can physically travel to locations)
Into the City is an intensive career development and networking program intended to expose Messiah students to living, working, and connecting in the city. To accomplish this objective, students will have the opportunity to engage with alumni, parents and friends of Messiah through activities such as company site visits and tours, presentations and panel discussions, and a networking reception.
There will be representation from a variety of organizations, both corporate and non-profit. Regardless of your interest in the alums’ particular titles or employer affiliations, this experience offers transferable information that’s critical for a variety of career interests. We view this as an exploration and networking opportunity intended to provide insight and wisdom into your career planning and decision-making.
- Receive an orientation to city living, working, and community.
- Expand awareness of career options as they pertain to personal strengths and interests.
- Gain information on desired skills and experiences of successful job candidates.
- Get exposure to a variety of industries and an introduction to different hiring practices.
- Build confidence regarding career planning and decision making.
- Understand the importance and process of building meaningful connections in the city.
Who Should Apply?
Applicants are expected to demonstrate the following characteristics to be considered for participation in ITC:
- Eagerness for exposure to a variety of career opportunities and paths, along with a desire to learn from the transferable advice, regardless of major or specific interest area.
- Clear articulation of fit between personal career goals and objectives for the trip.
- Professionalism and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to positively represent the values and commitments of Messiah University.
- Flexible and positive attitude!
The cost per student to participate in the program is $70.00 (non-refundable). This includes transportation, overnight accommodations, and most meals. Students should bring along any additional spending money to use as they wish, which includes public transportation and meals not provided by the college during the trip.
- Accepted students must pay the full $70.00 to the Career and Professional Development Center. Checks can be made out to “Messiah University Career and Professional Development Center.”
- Accepted students must attend an orientation session.
- Accepted students must agree to participate in all aspects of the program as noted in the schedule.
- Accepted students must obtain approval from professors and make arrangements in advance to be absent from classes.
All applications are to be submitted by the due date The Into the City planning team will evaluate and select participants based on criteria sought in the application.