Students: Print Anywhere on Campus
Messiah Press and Learning Technology Services manage the campus printing program. The program features color-capable copiers equipped with print, scan, and copy technology. In addition, the program helps to bring our overall copy and print strategy into alignment with Messiah's commitment to the priority of sustainability.
Other features of the program include:
Secure printing to the cloud, allowing students to "Print Anywhere" on campus, 24 hours a day.
Each copier acts as a release station, initiated by a card swipe or password login to ensure confidentiality and reduce waste
"Pay as you use" billing processes and pricing designed to help users make the best decisions about where and when to print
The pricing structure is listed below in the Questions and Answers portion of this page.
Undergraduate students can utilize their $24 per semester allotment to pay for photocopies and to pay for printing. If more funds are needed, additional money can be added to a student’s Falcon Dollars account. Falcon Dollars allow you a convenient manner in which to make on campus purchases without carrying cash or checks. The Falcon Dollars account functions similar to a debit card account.
Students may purchase Falcon Dollars in one of the following ways:
- Depositing cash or checks at the Falcon Exchange, 2nd floor of Eisenhower Campus Center (ECC)
- At one of the Value Transfer Stations (VTS) located in the ECC and Student Union
- Students can purchase online through FALCONlink
Please note, in order to "Print Anywhere" from a personal laptop - students will be required to utilize Mobility Print. (Found at mobilityprint.messiah.edu).
If a student is printing from a lab computer, the Lexmark anywhere and the Toshiba anywhere printer options can be used.
Additional information can be found below under Questions and Answers.
More information about printing services in general can be found on-line at http://www.messiah.edu/offices/its/labsclassrooms/labs/printerfees.html or through reading the Computer Lab Tutorials found on the desktops of each PC in the Computer Labs.
As always, students may seek help by calling the Student Computer Services at 717-796-5039.
Questions and Answers
Where are the multi-functional convenience copiers located?
A PDF document showing the locations of all public, multi-functional copiers can be accessed by clicking on the words "print anywhere"
Students can print to campus printers from their personal devices.
- Go to http://mobilityprint.messiah.edu
- Download the Mobility Print app
- Choose a printer and follow the instructions on the screen
Please Note: "Print Anywhere" Copiers are COLOR-print capable, but students will need to go into printer options and select COLOR Print if they really want to print in color. Be sure to check the student pricing schedule for best options.
In order to use a copier as a scanner, please follow these instructions
- Authenticate or "log in" at the copier by either swiping your ID card in the card reader, or by typing in your network user name and password on the touch screen
- Press "scan" button on the console
- Touch "email" on the touch screen
- Touch "to" on the touch screen (your own email address will auto populate upon logging in to the copier)
- Touch "search" on the touch screen if you desire to scan to someone other than yourself
- Touch "last name", and enter the last name of the person you want to scan a document to
- Touch "enter" on the touch screen
- Touch "ok" on the touch screen. The copier defaults to Messiah Directory.
- Touch desired name to scan to
- Press green start key on the console to begin your scan. If you use the document feeder, it will automatically send when done scanning.
- If you are scanning from the glass, you can change pages and continue to scan or touch job finish to send your scan.
- To log out of the copier, touch Function Clear button on the console twice.
Student Printer Fees
Price Per Copy
Printing (Black and white to laser printers)
Printing (Color to Laser Printers)
Printing/Copying Black and White to Copiers
Printing/Copying Color to Copiers
Each semester, undergraduate students will be given a $24.00 lab printing credit. This fee covers all print and/or copies made in Labs, on dorm printers, or on any "print anywhere" copier device on campus. Once enough pages have been printed to use all of this credit, the student must prepay for his or her printing needs by adding dollars to their Falcon Dollars Account. Please note: The $24 per semester credit is for copying and printing only -- it is not a credit which can be used against any other college fees. Any remaining credit from the initial $24 allotment in one semester will not be rolled forward or added to the next semester's credit. Each student starts each semester with the same credit amount.
Students are encouraged to contact Student Computer Services at 717-796-5039 if they have any questions. Students can also contact College Press in the Bowmansdale building about their printing and copying needs when campus copiers do not seem adequate for their work. Often, Messiah Press can accommodate students' requests and can do so at a reduced cost.
Printer Billing Procedures
Printer charges occur each time a print is made. The charge occurs immediately. If any discrepancies are noticed Student Computer Services should be contacted -- not the Business Office. (717-796-5039)
Refunds will be given for printer malfunctions. Printer malfunctions include toner problems, ink distribution problems, undetected paper feeding problems, and any other hardware problems. Often the printers will detect a paper jam and automatically reprint the page once the jam is cleared. If this occurs, a refund will not be needed-- the student will only be charged for the one good page. If a refund is needed, it can be requested through http://webprint.messiah.edu. This includes print requests that were sent through http://webprint.messiah.edu and those printed directly from lab computers. To submit a request, follow these steps:
- Go to http://webprint.messiah.edu
- Login using your Messiah username and password
- On the left side, click on Recent Print Jobs
- Locate the print job that you are requesting a refund for and click the request refund link under the Status heading.
Note: If the job status shows Cancelled then you were not charged for that print request.
- Select the Refund Amount you are requesting. You can select Full Amount or you can select Partial Amount and indicate the specific amount you are requesting. This would be if you were printing a multiple page document and there was an issue with some of the pages and you had to reprint them.
- Enter a detailed description of what happened into the Reason for Request field.
- Click the Send button and you should be sent back to your list of Recent Print Jobs.
- If additional refund requests are needed, please repeat steps 4 through 7
Refund requests are reviewed daily by Student Computer Services. Failure to supply accurate information will delay the refund process and may result in requests being rejected. If you have any questions about a refund request, please contact the Assistant Manager of Student Computer Services, Chad Keene, via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (ext. 3830). Also, please note that refund requests should be submitted in a timely manner. Failure to request a refund within 2 weeks of the print request may result in the request being rejected.