What makes Messiah University’s program distinct?
Our faith-based and academic distinctiveness: Messiah University’s reputation as a nationally ranked University that effectively integrates quality academics and Christian faith uniquely positions our graduate program in education. Messiah’s ongoing commitment to the integration of faith and learning—particularly as it relates to issues of justice, reconciliation, and the dignity of all people—is evident in our program. The curriculum will challenge you as a student to consider your own beliefs and issues within your profession.
Our faculty: Messiah’s faculty are experienced Christian educators and accomplished scholars who consider academic and professional excellence in their chosen fields as a means of expressing their faith commitments. They encourage and mentor you as a student to consider your own faith, the faith of others, and the relationship between education and issues connected to faith within your profession.
Our focus: Our program includes coursework and field experiences that promote the use of effective research-based practices to uniquely prepare our students to be competent practitioners, educational leaders and effective collaborators when working with students, other professionals and their families.
Our flexibility: Our tracks are designed to accommodate students with or without certification in the area of study. Plus, online coursework provides a truly flexible experience suited to busy educators.
Our philosophy: The TESOL, special education, curriculum and instruction and online instruction programs are based on the mission of Messiah University. As a graduate of this program, you will develop your intellectual skills, ethical obligations and faith commitments in order to more effectively serve and empower all learners. These programs provide experiences that require you as a student to combine ethical frameworks with research and theory to influence policy and develop and employ curricula, pedagogy, and interpersonal skills that will serve diverse learners and their families.
- No-fee tuition Know what you are paying for with Messiah’s no-fee tuition. The cost per credit is what you pay – there are no hidden fees for labs, courses, services or technology. We put the true cost of your program upfront so that you can accurately compare and plan for your graduate education.
- Small class sizes ensure personalized attention and meaningful interaction with professors and fellow students.
- Deferred payment option available - if your employer reimburses for Act 48 or other graduate course completions. All certificates, certifications and degrees are eligible for federal financial aid.
- Courses and field experience designed to be instantly applicable to your everyday work setting.
- Rolling admission - Messiah accepts graduate program applicants year-round allowing you to enter the program at multiple points throughout the year.