Residence Director for Witmer Hall
Curtis joined the Messiah University family in January 2020. I am so excited to be a part of the Messiah Residence Life team! Below you will find my “Curtis Starter Kit” of 10 things to know about me!
1. I am a 2015 graduate of Messiah, and during my undergraduate time, I had the pleasure of being an RA for three years. One of those years I spent working on the Witmer Staff and I am so excited to be able to serve as the RD there now! My time at Messiah taught me so much, and allowed me to grow personally, professionally and spiritually and I cannot wait to give back to the community that gave so much to me!
2. I met my wife Katie in Naugle Hall during our first year at Messiah. We lived on brother-sister floors in the basement, and began dating after graduation and got married in June of 2018. She is my best friend and I could not have asked for a better partner to do life with!
3. Katie and I have a fun and fluffy Golden-Doodle named Juniper. Juniper loves going to the dog park, stray leaves and all of the people that she gets to meet while living on a college campus! If you like dogs, do not hesitate to say hi to her any time that you see her around campus.
4. I am currently a graduate student at Shippensburg University in the Counseling and College Student Personnel program. I have one class left until I graduate in May. During my time at Ship, I was able to serve as a Residence Director, and it further solidified my love for working in Residence Life.
5. As an undergraduate student, I studied accounting, and I worked in public accounting for two years after graduation. This time taught me a lot of transferable skills that I still utilize in different capacities today. During this time, I also realized how much my time spent working with students meant to me during my undergraduate experience, and I decided to pursue a change in careers to be able to work in student affairs.
6. I am a huge fan of the reality television show, Survivor. I have seen every season at least once, most of them twice and some of them three times. It is one of my biggest dreams to have the chance to play (and hopefully win) the show one day. I love other reality competition shows too, but Survivor is definitely my favorite.
7. I play in an adult, recreational kickball league in Harrisburg. This is one of my favorite forms of self-care during the fall and spring, when kickball is in season. I have been playing for the same team for about 5 years!
8. I really enjoy traveling and exploring. I have a goal of hopefully seeing 100 countries throughout my lifetime. Currently, I have had the opportunity to visit 20 and I cannot wait to plan my next adventure.
9. I ran my first half-marathon in October of 2019! I really enjoy running, and am excited to get back into running after fully recovering from a knee injury. I hope to train for another half-marathon in 2020 and eventually run a full marathon.
10. I love coffee! It is probably my favorite beverage, and I love to get coffee with friends and students to be able to catch up and get to know them better. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you’re interested in meeting over coffee!
I look forward to getting to know students, family and Messiah friends better throughout the upcoming semester. Please do not hesitate to reach out any questions or concerns associated with Witmer Hall. Feel free to stop by my office located on the first floor of Witmer or reach out via email or by calling my office. See you soon!
Curtis's Fall 2021 Office Hours:
Wednesday: 9:00 am- Noon
Friday: 9:00 am- 11:00 am
Other Times Available by Appointment