Messiah University Vehicle Rental Information
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is Messiah's preferred rental vehicle supplier. Enterprise offers competitive rates regionally and nationally, and will drop off and pick up vehicles on campus. While there is some variability in requirements, A mid-size/intermediate car accommodates most travelers' needs.
- If available, University-owned pool vehicles must be used for University travel.Review section 6.3 of the Messiah University Expenditure Policy for details and exceptions.
- Employees/Students must be University-approved drivers prior to renting a vehicle. Details here.
- Rental vehicles must be paid for with a University-issued purchasing card.
- Joining the Emerald Club is not required but can simplify your rental experience.
- You will not have to be present to sign for the vehicle when it is dropped off. Enterprise can leave the vehicle in the visitor lot. Keys can be picked up at the Dispatch window at your convenience.
- Enterprise will email rental receipts to you, streamlining purchasing card allocations.
- Click here for instructions to enroll.
Reserving a vehicle by telephone
- Call 717-975-5586
- To obtain our contract rates, state you are calling from Messiah University. Account - XZ57B73
- Make pick up and return arrangements. (University or Enterprise branch location)
Reserving a vehicle online
- Use Messiah’s dedicated website.
- Select pick up/return arrangements (University or Enterprise branch location) Instructions here.
Picking up Enterprise vehicles on campus
Enterprise will drop off vehicles in the visitor parking lot, VV on the attached map.
- If you are an Emerald Club member and made arrangements for the car to be dropped off on campus, keys can be picked up from Dispatch.You will be required to present ID and sign a log sheet verifying that you picked up the keys.
- If you are not an Emerald Club member, be sure you understand the pick up/return arrangements – you must be present to sign for the vehicle.
Returning Enterprise vehicles on campus (Emerald Club and non-Emerald Club members)
- Park the vehicle in the visitor parking lot, VV on the attached map, and lock the doors.
- Immediately take the keys to the dispatch window and identify that you are returning an Enterprise rental vehicle. You will be required to present ID and sign a log sheet verifying that you returned the keys.
- Email email@example.com to confirm that the vehicle has been returned.This is an important step and helps eliminate extra charges.
DISPATCH IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST KEYS, SOLVING DELIVERY OR RENTAL ISSUES, OR VERIFYING DAMAGES TO RENTAL VEHICLES. CONTACT Enterprise directly at 717-975-5586.
Our local car rental agency representatives and Travel Leaders Travel Agency representatives are aware of our vehicle rental and insurance policies and can assist you in making informed decisions when renting vehicles.
The Procurement Office can assist you in making the best financial choices or you may contact suppliers directly.