Transfer credits

Transfer Credits

Messiah University welcomes transfer students

We want to make the process of transferring your eligible credits and enrolling at Messiah University as easy and seamless as possible, while maintaining the highest level of academic rigor and integrity. Graduate students may transfer graduate coursework, including credits earned to complete a previous master's degree, whether at Messiah University or elsewhere, that meet the following conditions:

  1. The coursework must have been completed from a regionally accredited institution.
  2. The credits are graduate level.
  3. A minimum grade of a "B" was earned for each course.
  4. The credits must have been completed within the last seven years (see individual programs for exceptions).
  5. The course is not listed as one that is required to have been completed at Messiah University (see individual programs for restrictions).
  6. Currently enrolled students who wish to take credits at another institution and then have them transferred to Messiah University must have written approval of the program coordinator/director prior to starting coursework.
  7. The number of credits to be transferred does not exceed the maximum allowed in the student's program.

Note: Only credits and courses are eligible to be transferred. Grades earned at the original institution are not calculated in the Messiah University grade point average.

A transfer credit chart with program exceptions/restrictions is available in the Graduate Catalog.

Students who wish to transfer credits must have an official transcript sent to the Messiah University Graduate Admissions Office and complete this form in order to request that a course or courses be approved for transfer credit. The program coordinator/director has the final authority on all transfer credit decisions. Transferred credits become part of the student's program of study and it is the student's responsibility to work with his/her advisor to carefully schedule remaining coursework.


For process/procedure questions regarding transfer credit contact Graduate Enrollment, at or (717) 796-5061.