The rumor is true: most jobs are found through networking. That being the case, below are resources to help you find and build meaningful professional connections. The time is worth the effort!
- START HERE: The Networking Guide
- 6 Ways to Network While in College - use your student status to your advantage!
- Networking Etiquette - includes sample correspondence
- Networking Conversation Starters - great tips on how to connect with others in potentially tricky networking situations
- Thank you note - how to write a winning thank you note
- Check out our Informational Interview Guide for sample questions to ask in networking contexts
- Networking Cards - a great tool for job seekers. Messiah Press will make up to 50 free networking cards for students. To request cards, email email@example.com. Provide your name, major, expected graduation date, email address, LinkedIn URL and phone number. Networking card will be delivered to the Career & Professional Development Center and take about one week to make.