You must submit your academic record. Your transcript records must include results/marks for individual courses, as well as diplomas or certificates required in your country as evidence of qualification for university. You are also required to submit the results of any national exams taken (IGCSE, West Africa Exam, CXC, SPM/STPM, A levels, etc.).
This may be submitted in the following ways:
1. Electronic transcripts may be uploaded via Messiah University's secure system. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the link.
2. Mail an official transcript with an original signature and stamp. This must be submitted in a sealed, official, school envelope. Send to:
Messiah University reviews applications in light of several factors, one of which is an English proficiency requirement. To be admitted to Messiah, students must meet the requirement by submitting standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, CLT or Duolingo English Test) or by demonstrating the completion of prior studies in English.
Standardized Test Scores
Test score reports can be requested directly from the testing agency or may be uploaded via Messiah University's secure system. Please email email@example.com to request the link. Accepted exams include:
- SAT: A score of 530 or higher on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section. Our average SAT composite score is 1196 (new SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing, and Math sections).
- ACT: Score of 24 or higher on the English section. Our average ACT composite score is 26.
- CLT: Score of 50 or higher on the Verbal Reasoning and Grammar Writing section.
Taking the SAT, ACT, or CLT is suggested in order to qualify for the highest academic scholarships. SAT, ACT, and CLT test results must be submitted to Messiah University directly from the testing institution or sent by your school as part of your official transcript.
- TOEFL: On the internet-based test (iBT), composite score of 80 minimum. On the revised paper-delivered exam (introduced in 2017), score of 20 minimum in each of the Reading, Listening and Writing sections. On the old paper-based test (PBT), total score of 550 minimum.
- IELTS: Overall band score of 6.5 minimum.
- Duolingo English Test: Score of 105 minimum.
Completion of Prior English Studies
Typically information about the completion of prior English studies will be available via the official school transcripts.
- 3 consecutive years of full-time high school or post-secondary education in English (in the US, in an English-speaking country or in a North-American curriculum where English is the primary mode of instruction)
- Final grade of 4 or better on the AP (Advanced Placement) English Language and Composition or AP Literature & Composition exam.
- Final grade of 3 or better on the IB English 12 A1 or A2 (HL) OR a final grade of 4 or better on the IB English 12 A1 or A2 (SL) OR a final grade of 4 or better on the IB English 12 B.
- Final grade of C or better on the GCSE O-Level English Language-A.
Some international students have the ability to fully fund their education and are not seeking any financial assistance. Other international students do not have sufficient funding and need financial assistance in order to attend Messiah University. While Messiah University does offer partial need-based aid to international students, this is limited and does not cover the full cost of attendance for any student. On average, a first-year student will need approximately $27,000/year and a transfer student will need approximately $33,000/year to support a Messiah University education. As a part of your application process, you will be required to submit the Affidavit of Support with corresponding reliable financial documentation.
If you are a non-U.S. citizen applying for an F-1 visa, please submit a copy of your passport photo ID page.
If you are already in the U.S.on a visa, please submit a copy of your visa.
These items can be uploaded via Messiah University's secure system. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org the link.
The application fee is waived* for international students who submit their application and essay through the Messiah University application prior to Nov. 15 (*this fee waiver is not applicable to those international students applying through The Common Application). After Nov. 15, applicants must pay $50.
Nov. 15: Application fee waiver deadline for the Messiah University application
Feb. 1: Honors Program scholarship deadline
Students interested in starting classes during our spring semester (February), click here for more information.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis after all supporting documents are received. We make every effort to notify students of their admissions decision within 2-3 weeks after the file is complete.