The Engle Center for Counseling and Health Services adheres to the highest ethical standards of our profession and provides high quality physical and mental health care to the Messiah University community. This care is based on the latest medical and psychological knowledge and is rooted in values of trust, inclusivity, respect and compassion for each person. In addition to treating physical and mental health needs, the Engle Center supports the mission of Messiah University by providing partnerships and learning opportunities that enable students to develop lifelong habits of healthy living.
The world, and our campus, is in the midst of global pandemic that has profoundly changed the way we live and learn. The Engle Center is committed to providing support and resources to our community that keep us healthy and successful. We understand that the challenges of COVID bring added stress to our educational endeavor. Here are some recommendations and resources that will help you cope with COVID-related stress.
- Educate yourself based on reputable science at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Knowing that facts will help you take recommended precautions. Our stress is reduced when we identify our areas of control and take appropriate action. Stress and worry flourish when we focus on things outside of our control.
- Educate yourself on Messiah University’s response to COVID at Together@Messiah. Again, you will manage stress better when you know the facts and act appropriately.
- Make use of stress management skills consistently. Even if you haven’t struggled with stress and anxiety in the past, COVID is taking a toll on us and we all need these skills. Here’s a self-help resource available:
- The Centers for Disease and Prevention has a section on Coping with Stress.
- Reach out for professional help if anxiety is significantly impairing your daily life, academics, and relationships.
- To arrange an appointment with an Engle Center counselor, call 717-796-5357.
- TimelyCare telehealth services are available to Messiah University students.
- Engle Center counseling and TimelyCare services are free of charge.
Health insurance is mandatory for all students
For questions about the plan, please contact Paige Fritz at Messiah RCM&D at 1-800 346 4075, Ext. 1607,
First year and Transfer student will be able to waive insurance 1 week AFTER class registration.