Business Scholars Program
The Messiah University Business Scholars Program is comprised of accomplished students who demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm for studying business. This program provides both a scholarship and enrichment programming that provides unique networking and professional development opportunities with Messiah faculty and alumni as well as business industry leaders. Follow this link to apply for the scholars program scholarship. (Note: Admitted students should enter the username and password associated with their admissions status page to access the request form).
Each year, 25 Dean's Scholarships in Business are awarded to accomplished, incoming students majoring in any field associated with the Department of Business. These include majors in the following: accounting, business administration, economics, economic development, finance, international business and marketing.
The $1,000 scholarships are renewable each year. This scholarship may not be combined with merit scholarships beyond the Provost’s Scholarship. Recipients of other merit scholarships are eligible to participate in the enrichment programming if they have applied and would otherwise have received a scholarship to the Business Scholars Program.
Any new first year or incoming transfer student accepted to Messiah University with a declared major associated with the Department of Business may request to interview for this scholarship program. Interview requests may be submitted on an ongoing basis, with scholarship decisions being made in March 2021. Final deadline to request an interview is February 10, 2021.
Business scholarships are renewable for up to three years provided you:
- Remain a Messiah University student
- Maintain a 2.8 GPA as a first year student, and a 3.0 GPA as a sophomore, junior or senior
- Retain and make reasonable progress toward a primary or secondary major in the Department of Business; this standard is separate from the standard of Satisfactory Academic Progress published by the Financial Aid Office and required to maintain eligibility for other forms of financial aid.
Business Scholars Programming
Business Scholars are accomplished students and programming for this scholarship program is designed to recognize and cultivate the promise and potential of these students.
As a part of the program Business scholars will
- Be invited to attend a Leadership Luncheon every semester that includes a presentation by a prominent business leader.
- Be eligible to attend Messiah Business Institute events, which include a meal, time for networking and special training related to business areas.
- Receive an exclusive, student-designed annual t-shirt for Business Scholars