Safe Walk/Safe Ride Service
- The Department of Safety offers the Safe Walk/Safe Ride service to enhance students' feelings of safety while walking at night on campus. This service is intended to promote safety by providing an alternative to the campus community, who would have had to walk at night.
- The hours of operation are from dusk to dawn seven days a week. Safety will escort a student, faculty, or visitor from any point on campus, to any point on campus. Dial 6005 and make the request to the dispatcher. You may also utilize the seventeen (17) emergency phones on campus.
- Requests for daytime escorts will be conducted for medical emergencies only.
SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS
- All passengers must wear a mask while being transported.
- When a car is used for escort, only one passenger, seated in the rear passenger side of vehicle will be allowed.
- When a van is used for escort, a maximum of two passengers, at one time, one seated in the middle seat and one seated in the rear seat of the vehice will be allowed.
- When a walking or bike escort is provided over a vehicle escort, it is important to remember utilizing the 6’ social distancing requirement.