With so many pieces of information about billing, you may not know where to start or how to make sure it is accurate. It is our mission to help students and families understand their bill and find the resources to make your Messiah education more affordable. To get better clarity on how billing can work for you and your family, check out the tips below.
- Anticipate and read your email. At the start of each semester, students will receive an email notifying them that their bill is available to view online via CASHNet. This bill statement only outlines present charges and anticipated aid for the current term in session. Bill statements are updated on weekly basis to reflect any changes or additional charges. It is important that students and families are aware of any updates to their bill and important dates that may affect the bill statement.
- Review your Scholarships and Aid package. Most students receive a good amount of aid through merit scholarships to help pay for college. But typically those scholarships alone are not enough to cover your whole bill for the semester. You may want to consider applying for FAFSA financial aid to help pay for your education. Applying to FAFSA also allows financial aid to see your financial need.
- Don't forget to accept your aid! Even if you and your family decide not to apply for FAFSA, be sure sure to accept your financial aid package via FalconLink. That way, your amount due will be applied and accurately reflected on your billing statement.
- Enroll into a payment plan. To reduce overall loan debt and ensure that payments are on-time, students and families can enroll into one of our billing payment plans for just $35 per enrollment and no interest.
- Consider waiving health insurance fee. If you are already covered under your parents health insurance plan, you can waive your health insurance.
- Contact an SFS counselor. If you have questions about your bill, your account or need financial advice contact Student Financial Services!